Circulation is the most visible department in the Library, but did you know this?
Your Circulation staff:
- greet and provide initial direction to an average of 2500 patrons and visitors per week.
- Maintain account information for approximately 13,000 patrons including contact information, items checked out, renewals, returns, requested and arrived holds, and any
- Check out or renew an average of 4200 items per week and check in an average of 3750 items per week.
- Maintain order for over 110,000 circulating items, as well as shelving returned items in a timely manner, and finding and reshelving misplaced items.
- Manage and maintain the hold shelf, including both our items (averaging 350 per week) as well as requested interlibrary loans, finding items, notifying patrons after processing, and providing courtesy reminders.
- Shares responsibility for adding new patrons and renewing library cards for current patrons with the Public Service Desk.
Visit Roselle Public Library during National Library Week - or anytime - and discover the hidden gems for yourself!